CFA Society Philippines, a non-profit professional membership organization of finance and investments practitioners, launches Financial Fitness Run as part of month-long investor awareness campaign. Aiming to improve the financial literacy among Filipinos.
CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials. The organization is a champion for ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community.
To create an environment where investors’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow.
“Running has always been a well-entrenched activity in the Philippines especially to those wanting to have a healthier lifestyle. And as part of our investor awareness campaign, the Financial Fitness Run not only encourages Filipinos to become physically fit but also increases awareness on financial management,” said Gavin Lee, Vice President of CFA Society Philippines.
Their first-ever event fun run will be held on February 23, 2014 at Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. This will be hosted by Greentennial Run with categories of 3K, 5K, 10K and 21K. All half-marathoner finishers will receive finisher shirts and a trophy. Yeah, you heard me right… A trophy!.. Cool right? Lower categories finishers will each receive a medal but only the first 50 finishers will receive finishers shirt. All runners will experience a challenging route, they will traverse the long and winding road of Kalayaan flyover but only the half-marathoners will reach the Ayala Triangle, first ever, as the turning point before going back to BGC. Whew!… So, start training and see you at the race event.
Categories and Inclusions
In-store registration sites
1. Juego Sports Outlets
– Greenbelt 4
– Market Market
– SM North Edsa
– SM Fairview
– Ali Mall
– Farmers Plaza
2. Li-Ning Store
– Mall of Asia
– Alabang Town Center
3. Yonex Store – SM Megamall
4. 100 Miles Café at Fort Complex, BGC
5. Second Wind
– Ortigas Home Depot
– Teacher’s Village
– Greenhills G-strip
6. A Runners Circle, Roxas Blvd. cor Quirino St., Manila
Medal for the 3k, 5k, 10k finishers
Prizes and Awards
1. Best in Buiness Attire
2. Biggest delegation by an Institution
3. Biggest delegration by a School
4. Biggest delegation by a Runners’ Club
1. Best if you bring your own favorite cold drink. Hydration stations will be provided along the race route. Kindly throw used cups in trash bins.
2. Medals for first 100 (50 men, 50 women) in 3k, 5k, and 10k categories.
3. Trophies for ALL finishers in 21k category.
4. Race proceeds even with light rain. NO RESCHEDULING or REFUND if fun run is cancelled due to force majeur. Proceeds will be donated automatically to the beneficiary.
5. Baggage counter opens at 3:00 AM and closes at 8:00 AM.
6. Avoid bringing valuables. Race organizers will not be responsible for losses.
7. Organizers’ decision are FINAL.
8. Wear racebibs at all times. Absolutely NO BANDITS allowed.
9. Wash race shirt prior to race.
10. SAFETY FIRST. Participants must retire immediately if organizing committee found them not physically fit tocontinue the race.
11. Pay parking available near start/finish arc.
12. CFA Philppines and Greentennial are an advocate of fitness and health. No smoking in the event area.
· COL Financial Group, Inc.
· Jollibee Foods Corporation
· Philam Life Asset Management, Inc.
· MSCI, Inc.
· Seaoil Philippines, Inc.
· Energy Development Corporation
· Maybank ATR Kim Eng
· Interaksyon TV5
· Runner’s World
· Home Radio 97.9
· DZEC Radyo Agila (1062 kHz Metro Manila)
· A Runner’s Circle
· 100 Miles Café
Race Clocks by
· Benby Enterprise
· Quaker Oats
· Urban Ashram