in cooperation with
One of the biggest running events in the Philippines, the National Geographic Channel’s Earth Day Run, will be going international when it marks its 7th year on April 17, 2016. The event will be happening simultaneously for the first time in 5 cities across the region: Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tai Chung, and Manila.
The event has been consistently helping in promoting sustainable living and supporting environmental advocacy utilizing the popular platform of running for 7 years. This year, in combination of thousands of registered runners from the other countries, Earth Day Run 2016 will be the largest collection of running Eco Warriors in the history of the race.
ENDANGERED SPECIES CONSERVATION
Irrawaddy Dolphin research and conservation in Malampaya Sound, Palawan. These dolphins are critically endangered in the country, with as few as 40 left in Malampaya Sound, Palawan.
CLIMATE CHANGE SOLUTION
The Earth Hour or ‘Gift of Life’ village in Monreal, Masbate is a showcase of WWF solutions. Local villages will receive portable solar lamps, while being trained to construct ‘vertical gardens’ and ferro-cement rainwater harvesters.
Reforestation efforts for the Ipo Watershed in Bulacan, which supplies Metro Manila with fresh water.
Marine Protected Area (MPA) and coral reef conservation in Apo Reef in Occidental Mindoro. Apo Reef is Asia’s largest reef and among the most productive marine systems on Earth.
The event will be traverse the Bonifacio Global City and McKinley West as the race course. Race categories include 5k, 10k, 21k and 42k.
CATEGORIES – FEES AND INCLUSIONS
21K AND 42K FINISHER MEDAL AND SHIRT
HOW TO REGISTER
- March 1 – March 31, 2016
- Click HERE to register online using a credit card. (Additional transaction fees may apply.)
- March 1 – March 31, 2016, 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- SM Aura Ground floor, in front of Uniqlo and Forever 21
- Race kits will be given out during the race kit claiming period. Please read the race kit claiming details HERE.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Singlet sizes and race categories are subject to availability.
- Registration may close earlier than March 31 depending on the availability of the race kits.
And also to help you achieve your goals, organizers set a group of pacers that will help you to get going and achieve new PR.
Here are some of the 21k and 42k pacers. Pick your pace and run with them.
my last year’s runadventure at NatGeo