Nike+ Run Club (NRC) Manila, part of Nike’s largest and fastest growing global services platform for athletes, celebrates its first anniversary of bringing the best of Nike+ Running services and programs to athletes and runners of all levels.
“NRC connects runners of all levels to expert NRC coaches, pacers, training plans and NRC community members,” said Patrick Reyes, Country Marketing Manager, Nike Philippines. “The Nike+ Run Club Manila inspires and enables more runners to join the global running community, and is designed for first time runners, daily runners as well as race-day competitors.”
With over 13,000 runners who registered in its twice-weekly sessions, the NRC community continues to grow significantly. Led by NRC Coaches Ian Banzon, Rio dela Cruz, and Ico Ejercito, and supported by NRC Pacers, NRC sessions take place every Tuesday and Thursday, 7:34 PM, in front of the Nike Park store in BGC.
Runners must register for NRC Manila sessions prior to each running session as there are capacity limitations. NRC Manila is open to both men and women. Runners can register online for NRC sessions at nike.com/manila.
The Nike+ Run Club Philosophy
- We are all meant to be runners. Running doesn’t turn away anyone at the door. If we want to bring out the runner inside us, we just have to lace up and get out
- We are not just runners. We are athletes. It takes more than a pair of legs to be fast. It takes our entire body, mind, and unbreakable spirit.
- Every run has a purpose. Some days we’ll feel pushed. Some days we’ll push back. Find the meaning in every mile.
- Respect every workout. Fear no workout. It’s going to be hard. That’s why we love it. Respect is earned from doing the work. So get out and get after it.
- Embrace your weaknesses. Then erase them. With regular and consistent work, our weaknesses can become our strengths.
- Measure success in as many ways as you can. Not every run will be our farthest or fastest, but every run is an achievement and should be seen as such.
- We believe in you, even if you don’t. On days when we feel less than our best, we can always seek motivation from our community. Nike+ Run Club is here to remind us that our best is always within our reach.